XPLOSION CHEER & CLUB TRY-OUTS
XPLOSION CHEER & CLUB
Xplosion Cheer Club Auditions for the 2021 season are open. If you think you’ve got what it takes to dance for one of the hottest teams in the GDFL, join us at our next Open Call Audition in March 2021. Pre-Audition Clinic information will be available in March 2021.
XPLOSION CHEER CLUB REQUIREMENTS
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- You must be a High School graduate.
- You must be a full time student, or have part time job.
WHAT TO BRING
- One 5x7 non-returnable headshot – Your photo should be a current representation of yourself, and should be of only you.
- Dance Resumé - outline your performance experience along with anything else you would like the judges to know about you.
WHAT TO WEAR
Look your best at auditions and you’ll feel your best. Your attire should include the following:
- Nude fishnets or tights.
- Briefs or hot pants (no pants or leggings allowed)
- Crop top (mid-section must show)
- Jazz shoe, dance sneaker or non-marking tennis shoe
- Attire should be flattering. Dress to impress!
- Performance hair & make-up are a must!
Prospective candidates will be judged on the following:
- Dance technique and style
- Showmanship, personality, and energy
- Physical/personal appearance - Applicants must be in top physical condition.
ORDER OF AUDITION DAY
- Group Warm Up
- Across the floor combinations including but not limited to, jazz walks, turns, and leaps.
- Audition Routine Taught
- Audition routine performance – in small groups. You will not need to have a personal routine prepared for the auditions, and all dancers will have an opportunity to freestyle.
- Announcement of Audition Finalists. Please note: First Round auditions will be closed to the public.
HOW TO PREPARE
- Must be mentally and physically prepared to learn and process Jazz and Hip Hop choreography.
- Workout regularly so that you audition in the best physical condition as possible.
- Do your research – study the team, and their style so that you put yourself in the best position for the job.
There will be a two-part clinic to help dancers put their best foot forward on audition day and get a leg up on the competition.
- Part 1 (DATE/TIME: TBD) will give you one on one advice through a mock audition trial, including actual across the floor combo choreography. It will also include our ‘Get the Look Clinic’ which will cover everything you need to know to look your absolute best on Audition day from Hair, to Make Up, Fitness, and Costuming.
- Part 2 (DATE/TIME: TBD) - learn key choreography that will be used for the audition routine.
- Please note: Pre-Audition Clinics are not mandatory in order to audition, however they are strongly encouraged.
IMPORTANT MUST HAVES FOR A EXPLOSION CHEER CLUB
- Must be able to strongly perform a variety of dance styles; particularly jazz, street jazz, and hip hop
- Must be able to learn choreography quickly, and have strong memory retention
- Must be willing to meet and maintain physical conditioning requirements throughout season
- Must be a team player
- Must have strong work ethic; willing to work hard and commit at all times
- Must be personable with strong communication skills, and willing to engage with others with a high level of enthusiasm, confidence, and poise.
ADDITIONAL THINGS TO KNOW
- All returning members must go through the audition process each season. No spot is held or guaranteed.
- Between 16 and 20 dancers will be selected for the team.
- If currently not residing in the area, prospective dancers would have to relocate.
- Explosion Cheer Club must sign a one year contract.
- Dancers must be available to rehearse 3 days per week (tentatively Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays) in the evenings as well as arrive to arena 3 hours prior to tip off on game days.
- Being a Xplosion Cheer Club is a part time job with a large commitment. Dancers are responsible for ensuring their schedules are flexible enough to accommodate rehearsals and games.
- This is a professional position with very competitive pay. Dancers are compensated for all rehearsals, home games, and appearances.
- Professional Hair Styling and Makeup Services
- Professional Photo Shoot
- Private Personal Training
- Gym Membership
- Tanning Services
- Season tickets
- Merchandise Discounts
- Best Seat in the House!
- Opportunity to Perform in front of thousands on a weekly Basis
- Serve as a team ambassador in the community
- Appearances at a variety of high profile events.
- Great networking opportunity
- Opportunity to represent your team national
If you didn't find an answer to your question here, please send an email: Xplosion Dance & Cheer